Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cuatro de Mayo

In case you were wondering if it was my birthday yesterday...it was. 
And in case you were wondering if I have an awesome family and some pretty great friends....I do.

This was from our family party on Saturday.


I knew you were truffle when you walked in.


A fake blowing of candles.  According to the candles, I turned 6 this year.
Yeah...let's go with that.


The cutest nieces and nephews a gal could ask for. Who needs kids when you have other people's kids?
Okay actually I want kids.

For my birthday, mom bought me gold chunky necklaces and Katie got me a cute gold bracelet. I paired that with my gold watch, gold earrings, and a fat gold ring, and I was ready for a posh day at church.

My objective was to look like I belonged at a country club.


For my actual day of birth, my darling roommate Kenzie got me a maple log with candles to blow out. Again, apparently I'm just turning three. Or each candle stands for 9.33 years of life.


Bathroom blow out. Not the only one I had that day. April fools.


Guess what Eric got me? Eleven voicemails all with a different song that he sang and/or made up on the spot.


That night, we had a little get together at my friend's house and we ate birthday buns. Good thing calories don't count on your birthday. 
Since we didn't have candles, we just lit toothpicks. 


So it was a really great birthday. Twenty-eight could be my lucky year....my lucky year to get famous on youtube, I mean. That was my birthday wish when I blew out the candles. 
Oh man, I just said it out loud!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful birthday! I'm sorry I only got you a lame text and Eric gave you the gift of songs. We all know who trumps everyone when it comes to gift giving. I mean, he did once get me an Arby's sandwich for my birthday, so.... :) I'm so glad your birthday was fun, because you are amazing. :)
    Also - pumped about this blog.

    ReplyDelete