Friday, April 22, 2016

Unnecessary Roughness

10 Weeks


While being pregnant has had its perks it's also been quite rough on me. (And actually no perks are coming to mind currently)

Sunday afternoon I started vomiting, which is normal, but hours later was still vomiting, which is not normal. After about five hours and nothing staying down, we decided we should go to the ER because we didn't know how else to get it to stop. I had an IV in which they gave me two liters of fluids and some nausea medicine to calm my stomach. The whole experience was just awful. Think of being sick, tired, cold, weak, and uncomfortable in a hard hospital gurney.




The whole thing repeated again last night but instead of waiting for hours to go by, we knew after vomiting three times in less than an hour that we needed to get help. (Also know that throughout all of this is a lot of me crying.) At the ER, as soon as we walked in  a nurse said, "weren't you just here?" ....great, we're regulars now. This visit wasn't as bad as the first one. I threw up two more times at the hospital before they got me medicine but this time they only had to do one liter of fluids and I didn't have to stay as long.

When they discharged me they said I have hyperemesis gravidarum or HG which is severe type of nausea and vomiting while you're pregnant which usually lasts until 20-something weeks but could last the whole pregnancy. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment