Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Angels Have Landed

One very important thing on my "do before leaving St George" list was to hike Angels Landing. It's a super popular hike in Zion National Park and I knew that I would never hear the end of it if people knew I lived down there but never hiked it. (As if 'people' care about what I've hiked...)

I asked my hike-iest friend Paul to accompany me since he took me on my first hike in Zion four years ago when I decided to move down to St. George. I thought it was only fitting for him to take me on my last.

Here we are!


I packed some uber dry crackers as a snack. I didn't realize they would be uber dry, but in the scorching heat, regular dry crackers become uber dry crackers.






We climbed up this whole mountain! Plus some. It was death.


                      Looking off the edge of the world....then sitting on the crux of it.




Me and Paulito at the top



We finished the trip with another bucket list item -- eating at Oscar's, which is apparently a really big deal and important to do when you visit Zion. And I can see why; the antelope art pieces make excellent picture frames.



Over all, the hike was steep, had a hundred switchbacks, steep, hard on the knees, beautiful, and steep. But I did it and had a great time.

2 comments:

  1. cool! what a fitting last hike in zion. and i like your samoa shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we remember paul! (ella & isaac)

    ReplyDelete