Saturday, September 12, 2015

Picture Day

This is my first year teaching at a real school where we have real picture day. I had a lot of stress about this because I haven't looked good in a picture day picture since about 1993. So this was my year to shine! I'm a grown up now! I take showers now! I have teeth now! I am not ugly now!

Those are true in theory.

But there is just something about sitting in that doomed picture day chair--in front of the blue hazey backdrop--that turns you from a blossoming bud of beauty into a frumpy wideloaded acne bag.

From this:
(Which is my carefully crafted hair and outfit to be exceptionally perfect for picture day)

To this:
 

Okay I haven't gotten the pictures yet, but after each shot, the photo lady would show me the digital copy and I'm telling you, they were all HORRIBLE. Like two strands of nasty hairs that were more kinked than curled and a random part in my bangs and chubby red cheeks that shut one eye and a broad body with awkwardly placed arms. There's just no way to win that game. 

2 comments:

  1. maybe you can submit your own profile pic for the yearbook. you'll be the only pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I hadn't seen this post until now. That made my day!

    ReplyDelete